Is nest box large enough?

put148

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 5, 2013
My nest boxes that I have built are 12x12x14 and am getting mostly medium size birds but was thinking of getting a Wynodette and didn't know if this box size would be to small for them since they are larger. The boxes are completely covered and do have a slightly smaller opening on the front. Would like to hear what you all think about this, Thanks

Sounds fine to me! I think it should fit the wyandottes (and the smaller birds, of course) just right. Their feathers make them look so much bigger than they really are. But this nest box sounds great and maybe there will be extra room in the box.

Thanks, the others that I am getting are Rhode Island reds an d Ameraucanas. I know they will fit fine but when looking at the Wyandottes in person they did seem rather large, but it makes sense that they would be more fluff and should fit.

I have 3 boxes each a different sze, time and time again they cram into the smallest box. I open to check for eggs and 2-3 heads pop out. The other 2 boxes will be empty. Sounds like plenty of space for them :)

Back
Top Bottom