Is opening the incubator going to kill my quail?

Update. Four chick's hatched. Two with only a little help, one all in its own and the last one with a lot of help. The last one is struggling. Took a full day to really start moving around and still hasn't eaten that I've seen. It can open its eyes but tends to keep them closed. It looks better each day but it's just got me worried.

It still sounds like your temps were low. Coturnix hatch on day 17. They may hatch a bit earlier if the temp is a bit high, and late if the temp is low.

Where did you get your eggs from?
In the end you were absolutely right. I re calibrated the thermostats and they were all off. The temp was too low.

My incubator sensor is messed up and I’m having heat problems on mine. I just hatched quail chicks on day 19 so I know I’m having problems. Time to buy that dreaded motherboard.

Update. Four chick's hatched. Two with only a little help, one all in its own and the last one with a lot of help. The last one is struggling. Took a full day to really start moving around and still hasn't eaten that I've seen. It can open its eyes but tends to keep them closed. It looks better each day but it's just got me worried.
I'm glad you had some hatch. That last one may not make it. If a chick needs assistance hatching there is usually something wrong with it.

I'm glad you figured out what was going on with the incubator. Good luck with your next hatch!

Back
Top Bottom