Is picking up a bunny and placing it on your lap an act of cruelty?

I put my rabbit in my lap all the time I just make sure that I'm not making him feel trapped he leaves when he wants to which I why when I hold him I try to sit pretty close to the ground so he doesn't hurt himself but typically rabbit love and need affection it's only really abusive if you're holding them and their body language and actions say "put me down" and you continue to hold them for your own benefit but other than that holding your rabbit in your lap isn't abusive and is a good way to bond with your rabbit

Attachments

• PXL_20231216_151858717.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231216_151858717.MP.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 1
The way you pick up your rabbit is the correct and safe way to pick up a rabbit. Nothing wrong about what you are doing. The truth is, most rabbits dislike being picked up, because as a prey species, their instincts tell them that being grabbed and carried off ( by a predator) is bad and they will struggle. Rabbits that are treated with gentleness and affection, soon learn that being picked up is safe, and no big deal. Keep on loving your rabbit like you have. In any case, unless you are picking them up improperly, even if they don't like it, calling it cruelty is way over the top. An excellent resource for the care and handling of rabbits, is the House Rabbit Society website.

The way you pick up your rabbit is the correct and safe way to pick up a rabbit. Nothing wrong about what you are doing. The truth is, most rabbits dislike being picked up, because as a prey species, their instincts tell them that being grabbed and carried off ( by a predator) is bad and they will struggle. Rabbits that are treated with gentleness and affection, soon learn that being picked up is safe, and no big deal. Keep on loving your rabbit like you have. In any case, unless you are picking them up improperly, even if they don't like it, calling it cruelty is way over the top. An excellent resource for the care and handling of rabbits, is the House Rabbit Society website.
This. Nothing wrong with rabbit lap time and you're correctly supporting your bun when picking up. I'd stop watching that original fool and find better-qualified resources to watch.

Back
Top Bottom