Is Popcorn a lady or a dude?

pinknblackchaos

Songster
Sep 25, 2016
Michigan
This is popcorn. Its the only one out of eleven that I am looking at a little suspiciously (at the moment although there might be a black copper maran chick post quite soon). Let me know what you think about popcorn. It is a Calico Cochin about 4 weeks old. Thanks for looking!
Probably too young but cant hurt to try. I will update so we can keep an eye on it.
20200331_145812.jpg
20200331_145453.jpg
20200331_145112.jpg
20200331_145103.jpg

I am kind of shocked. I got 11 chicks only one of whom was sold as a pullet and this one is the most roostery of the bunch.
Crossing my fingers I just have good luck. Although I wouldnt mind if one of my Welsummers or Black copper marans is a roo. Thank you for the reply. I can see a little pink in the comb and little wattles are starting to form, but i can tell that at the rate we are going with no obvious roo's in this bunch I am in it for the long haul in the chick raisers guessing game. *sigh

Agree with Gray. Post updated pics in about 2 weeks. If Popcorn (Love the name! I have a frizzled calico named Pinecone) is a cockerel, his wattles and comb should really start to color up in the next week and a half to 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom