Is porridge oats bad for chicks?

I feed a small amount of oatmeal to my chickens on particularly cold days, generally topped with some mealworms. They really enjoy it. However, it is not a high-nutrition meal. I consider of a treat like a hot chocolate might be for us.

Translation: If they like it, feed sparingly as a treat. It isn't a proper replacement for nutritionally balanced feed. They particularly need good nutrition while they are quickly developing/growing.

I feed a small amount of oatmeal to my chickens on particularly cold days, generally topped with some mealworms. They really enjoy it. However, it is not a high-nutrition meal. I consider of a treat like a hot chocolate might be for us.
I like to do something similar, but with chicken food plus warm water. It gives better nutrition, and I don't have to cook it :)

Translation: If they like it, feed sparingly as a treat. It isn't a proper replacement for nutritionally balanced feed. They particularly need good nutrition while they are quickly developing/growing.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom