Is pose this normal? If not how do i get him to stop??

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
This is a 1 day old baby chick, hes a mix of a bantam hen and modern game bantam rooster, hes sleeping very oddly? Hes normal other than his sleeping pose. Is just just because of his age or something else? (Ignore the mess im about to clean it)

Also pls move this if this goes under the medical one idk what the good one to put this post under was
1000002436.jpg

This is a 1 day old baby chick, hes a mix of a bantam hen and modern game bantam rooster, hes sleeping very oddly? Hes normal other than his sleeping pose. Is just just because of his age or something else? (Ignore the mess im about to clean it)

Also pls move this if this goes under the medical one idk what the good one to put this post under was View attachment 3805030
I've had the occasional side sleeper. Sometimes it's more comfortable for some to sleep like this.

Passed out like a frat boy. I've seen that plenty with the chicks I've had. The first time I actually shrieked, I was afraid she was dead. She popped right up and started zipping around.

It looks scarey at first. I remember going outside the first time I saw my chicken dirt bath. I thought she died. My heart was beating so hard until she got up. Whew she was only taking a dirt bath. (Yes that's a thing) lol. Enjoy your sweet babies!!!

The first couple weeks some of them sleep really weird. I even had ones that would be eating and then suddenly close their eyes and nose-dive into the feeder.

That can be normal, but I think it is best to be sure thst the chick is okay. I have found chicks like that and they were okay, but I have also found some like that and they had fallen and had little strength, not enough to get them back up from falling.

Back
Top Bottom