Is Purina Flockraiser good enough for starting Buttons and Coturnix?

Quote:
VERY GOOD POINT

I noticed the last 2 bags of purina GBS I bought, the sewn in label had even been changed, a orange stripe on the side, not red printed.

I Wouldnt Recommend Looking For Colors But Rather Actually Reading The Tags Themselves As They Are Not Universal Across The Country... So A Medicated Tag Here In Fla May Look Very Different From 1 In Say Maine Or Kansas Or Even South Dakota... Purina Feeds Are Manufactured In A Large Number Of Mills Strategically Placed Across The Country, So Tags Vary In Appearance According To The Mill It Comes From... However The Print On Them Does Not
smile.png

Quote:
Purina has both medicated and non-medicated game bird starters. You will need to see what is available in your area. If non-medicated Purina is not sold in your area, then you MIGHT be able to get them to order it for you.

It took me quite a lot of effort to get non-medicated Purina GBS here, though. (I could get other brands with a much lower protein amount, though.)

SHOULD BE NON MEDICATED DOWN HERE.... THATS ALL I HAVE EVER SEEN AND WHEN I GOT IT I WAS YTOLD THEY "DIDNT MAKE A MEDICATED FEED" I KNOW THEY DO, ITS JUST NOT SOLD DOWN HERE
hmm.png

Typical Purina POO!
It took me about 37 min. on the phone with the nicest Purina CSR to even admit that they made nasty evil medicated GBS. It's some kind of trade secret or something!
It's a pheasant belt kind of thing. They make both, but I can't get (Medicated GBS) even north of JJ. Not that I want it, but who knows. I may want to raise pheasants someday?

I think we need a feed store myth exposed thread or something.

I really hate subterfuge!

Oops! To answer the OP's original question.

No, it is not, and neither is the Durmor all things to all people. "it says it right there on the bag!" They are just high protein (CHICKEN FEED)...nothing more.

You just have to find yourself a good feed store, plain and simple! Other than that...I can't help you. I wish I could, but I can't.

OK eggspurts Why not medicated food for chicks. We strongly recomend turkey starter with amporillum for guinea keets. I think the amp.. helps keep them healthy till their systems get strong.

Amporillum Was Pulled From All Quail Feeds By Us Fda.. Causes Renal Failure In Quail Which Are Smaller In Size And Eat Like 2 Headed Hogs So It Makes It Easier For Them To Get Toxic Doses... May Cause Other Malladies? But The Renal Failure For Sure... Now All Medicated Starters Approved For Quail Are Antibiotic Based.... Aurimycin, Bacitracin, Etc...

Its Important To Note Not All Geographic Areas Deal With The Same Problems... So What Works Well Here May Be Way Off Base Somewhere's Else. This Is 1 Of The Reasons Not All Formulas Are Available Everywhere

Back
Top Bottom