Is quail laying feed the same as chicken laying feed?

I'd not give her any treats like noodles at all. Feeding treats will cause problems.
I think you're not reading well "carrot noodles", like it's literally carrots but cut in noodles. Why is giving her carrots to prevent vitamin A deficiency a bad thing?

I just went to go skim your other threads...

Your quail got injured and you are assuming it's a rare yeast infection from chicken feed?

Can you post clear photos of the sore on this quail?
I think you need to check my other post but properly reading all if you want to understand.

Here I'm not asking about the yeast infection, I'm asking what is proper feed for laying quail. Because I want to make sure everything's right.

A gamebird feed of 24% protein is adequate for adult quail, just make sure it has enough Lysine and Methionine + cystine. Lots of feed manufacturers are reducing these amino acids to their feed, due to costs.
A lower protein feed is not recommended for gamebirds, higher protein and the right amounts of amino acids and essential vitamins, produce healthier, parent stock, which inturn, will produce healthier, viable eggs and chicks.
Ok! What would be an appropiate % of those aminoacids?

My mom sent me the label, but it's pretty hard to read. I looked up the name tho and it says:

COMPONENTES ANALÍTICOS

Proteína Bruta16%
Grasa Brutal (fat)4,50%
Fibra Bruta (fiber)2.70%
Metionina0,31%
Lisina0,76%
Ceniza Bruta (ash)14,10%
Calcio4,30%
Fósforo (phosphorus)0,48%
Sodio0,20%

ADITIVOS

Vitamina A6000 UI/Kg
Vitamina D31600 UI/Kg
Vitamina E12 UI/Kg
Hierro (iron)24 p.p.m.
Cinc48 p.p.m.
Cobre6 p.p.m.
Manganeso64 p.p.m.
Selenio0,20 p.p.m.
Yodo0,40 p.p.m.
Aminoácidos0,04%
Antioxidantes5 p.p.m.
Colorantes (dyes)3 p.p.m.

do you think it's ok?
a bit low on protein?

I also give her fruits and veggies in small quantities from time to time, oyster shells available on the side and now I'm giving her some carrot noodles every day. (carrot cut in noodles)

Last edited:
Here’s a link to a Quail feed study from Mississippi state if you want to compare the feed you’ve been offering vs their study.

That being said when I started raising quail everyone raved about needing higher protein. My birds have only ever had game bird starter crumble (and the occasional treat.) I have that link saved because I hope one day to make my own feed and that’s the best reference I’ve found.
thanks!

Here’s a link to a Quail feed study from Mississippi state if you want to compare the feed you’ve been offering vs their study.

That being said when I started raising quail everyone raved about needing higher protein. My birds have only ever had game bird starter crumble (and the occasional treat.) I have that link saved because I hope one day to make my own feed and that’s the best reference I’ve found.
Thank you for the link to this study. Most helpful

Back
Top Bottom