80D27F9A-F29B-4E5E-842D-44631E6F9753.jpeg
    905.6 KB · Views: 4
  • B58447B6-DB03-4D52-9676-064E2C106D40.jpeg
    B58447B6-DB03-4D52-9676-064E2C106D40.jpeg
    821.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 9B1D2C13-4EEB-465D-BBFA-B6C517C7FFD4.jpeg
    9B1D2C13-4EEB-465D-BBFA-B6C517C7FFD4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
So the debate continues … Rosie is now crowing although it is not the same type of crow I am hearing my rooster. They are the same age so I would think they would sound the same? Is this hard evidence that Rosie is a male or just a woman who wants to be heard among her male counterpart?

Video link below:
Rosie crows
I have two almost identical roosters and they sound very different from one another. I also have a rooster who rarely ever crows and when he does he sounds a bit like your Rosie. Good pics would definitely be helpful 😁

She will be a year around the end of April. We have a small flock of 4, they are all the same age give or take a week. Another also turned out being a male but he began crowing by August and is very obviously male. With such a small flock I’m concerned about keeping 2 roosters, and I would have to rehome poor Rosie which is so upsetting, but my other rooster is basically like a dog and i can’t part with him either.

Rosie has been going in and out of the coop during the day but I have yet to see her lay an egg! Her curiosity about the nest gives me a little bit of hope.

I honestly think she's a pullet with a hormone imbalance. That could be genetic, or it could be from a damaged ovary.

If this is the case, she still wouldn't be a rooster. She's just a lady with the wrong amount of hormones. However, she'd be likely to not lay eggs and continue her little funky crows occasionally.

@EmmaRainboe
@JedJackson
@TheOddOneOut
@cherrynberry

What do y'all think?

I honestly think she's a pullet with a hormone imbalance. That could be genetic, or it could be from a damaged ovary.

If this is the case, she still wouldn't be a rooster. She's just a lady with the wrong amount of hormones. However, she'd be likely to not lay eggs and continue her little funky crows occasionally.

@EmmaRainboe
@JedJackson
@TheOddOneOut
@cherrynberry

What do y'all think?
I agree with Overo Mare. She seemed to slowly develop over a year. Most cockerels get a comb like that by they time they are 7-8 months.

So the debate continues … Rosie is now crowing although it is not the same type of crow I am hearing my rooster. They are the same age so I would think they would sound the same? Is this hard evidence that Rosie is a male or just a woman who wants to be heard among her male counterpart?

Video link below:
Rosie crows
I have alady that crows. The city tried to make me get rid of her but she was indeed a hen so she fell into guidelines ;)

@EmmaRainboe
@JedJackson
@TheOddOneOut
@cherrynberry

What do y'all think?
That’s her at a year old? Female.

Back
Top Bottom