Is she a welsummer?

CAmamateacher

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013

I thought she was a welsummer but she just started laying and they are olive colored.
{Super happy about the eggs! And that she did it in her nesting box. She's the first of my flock to lay... so it's like Christmas has come early over here!}

Yes, that's an Easter egger. The muffs and comb are a clear giveaway. But from your pictures, that bird doesn't look anywhere near laying eggs. Her comb is barely pink.

this is an older picture of her but the best close up compared to her 500 instagram pictures. hehe

I know it was my Lucy girl because I walked in on her laying it. She was alone in her nesting box and it was warm.

You're welcome! I have a girl I thought was a Welsummer for a couple of weeksou-she is a brown leghorn :) They look pretty close at first!

We have two but they are not the same color as yours. The one who has a darkening comb is not even interested in the nesting boxes yet!

We do have a couple of chickens who will sit on eggs for some reason, though. They definitely are not laying, only our white Leghorn girls are so far.

Back
Top Bottom