is she broody enough? + cold eggs... PLEASE HELP WITH MOVING!

I made sure she had a private yet open corner so she wouldn't freak out, but I know how she is...

See on the right of the photo towards the back? Where the two-tired box is?

DSC_0007-1.jpg

That's the little pen, with heating lamp, food, water and plenty of space to move in.

I took that wooden box and removed the middle partition, put it on its side and nailed a board across the bottom to keep the bedding in.

I put that on top of a crate so that it would be off the ground, it's the best I could do...

The nesting boxes are on the left side of the coop in this photo, so she can see them... not ideal but I don't have any other space.

Let's see if a miracle happens although I'm not holding my breath... I just hate disappointments, you know?
hmm.png

That's a really nice space, I want it.
wink.png
I think you have a good chance with her being a silky. They go kind of trance like anyhow when they brood. She'll be able to see her flock and really she shouldn't want to even get off the nest at all right now. Maybe it won't matter that there's chicken wire between her and the rest of the hens.
fl.gif

sad.png

My silkie abandoned the eggs, as predicted, after I moved her last night.

So no chicks this time around, I will break her of her broodiness and when we have a NEW COOP next spring or summer, it will be rigged up "brooder friendly" so if she gets the urge again, we'll make sure it happens properly
smile.png

I'm so disappointed though.

DH said I could get some marans and welsummers or more EE's to compensate... so I will go see this FABULOUS prize-winning breeder next week and see what happens.

Silver lining?

Back
Top Bottom