Is she dying? - UPDATE ... She Passed On

Aww
hugs.gif

She was in better hand with you then at the feed store. Now I want to go buy all those chicks because of how they're living.

I do too but this goes to show what kind of care some of these babies are in before they make it home to us. For most of you, this is old news but for me being 6 weeks old to the chicken world, I received a harsh lesson on what some call care. Due to her passing, I was scared for my Brahma's. Our 6 week olds now have full range of the entire shed verses that section being boxed off as of last night. We placed up 4 lights up & they have a huge section with nothing but hay along with a temporary ladder until the roosting shelf is made today. I was worried all night long they'd freeze in the 32 degrees from outside, despite the shed being 70-72. When I found the newborn gone ... I could not go check on my chickens like I do every morning. From outside Rodney called me & they are now ALL outside playing. He said the shed was nice & toasty. That makes the little one's death a little easier to deal with. I can not save them all but the one's I do have, and will have, will have a healthy & happy life.

Back
Top Bottom