Is she egg bound?

TaylorV

Chirping
Dec 31, 2018
25518AED-3419-4672-AAEE-C22B3FCE8A2E.jpeg
4663F3D3-964D-484E-A436-238F9CDA09AC.jpeg
i have a 6 month out Pekin duck and I just noticed this today. I read online about ducks being egg bound and how to treat it but I would just like to make sure. Also if you have any tips on how to help her it would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like a small prolapse. Soak her in cool water then pat dry and if you have prep h you can put that on her and push it back inside you may have to do it several times if it doesn’t stay is a vet a option. They can put a stitch in to keep it inside till it heals. Do you know when she laid last? If you don’t have prep h ky jelly will work or coconut oil. one thing you don’t want to let happen is let it dry out.

It looks like a small prolapse. Soak her in cool water then pat dry and if you have prep h you can put that on her and push it back inside you may have to do it several times if it doesn’t stay is a vet a option. They can put a stitch in to keep it inside till it heals. Do you know when she laid last? If you don’t have prep h ky jelly will work or coconut oil.
I don’t think she’s laid yesterday or today. We could take her to the vet but not until next week

Back
Top Bottom