1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is she really a Roo? Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sunnibunny99, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sunnibunny99

sunnibunny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    East Texas! :)
    Hi! [​IMG]

Im just wondering...

All of our pullets are 1 month old now, and all of their combs are so small, like... umm.....

____
    ------ like this size [​IMG]

but one of the Americana's has a lot larger comb, about... Half a centimeter

We were told their all pullets, but i'm not so sure about this one. [​IMG]

Do you think shes really a Roo?? [​IMG]

Please post, i need to know this so we can separate him/her from the others if he/she is a roo... were not breeders, we have them for eggs [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Pics are the best way for those in the know to take a guess.

I have one right now that is nearly fully feathered. I am SO hoping it is a girl because I cant have a roo and I am in love with this baby. She isnt the friendliest or the prettiest. But she is fun to tease.[​IMG]
    My Speckled Sussex just doesnt react to things like my little mix chick does.

3. sunnibunny99

sunnibunny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    East Texas! :)
    Awww

All of mine are almost fully feathered too... except the heads [​IMG]

I also have one who has NO feathers, only fuzz and shes a month old too [​IMG] she is SOO funny looking

4. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

We'd need pics. You don't need to worry about them breeding for a long time yet though [​IMG]

5. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    There is always the chance that when you order pouletts you may get a boy.[​IMG] When I ordered, I ordered only girl Buff O. now I hope one is a roo.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by