is she TO OLD TO LAY eggs ??

Hello I own 3 hens of asil breed I have noticed their legs color and face looks deferent this one legs are yellow , her face not fully red like her sisters (((( pictures 1 and 2 ))))
But her 2 sisters legs pale and face fully red (((( pictures 3 and 4 ))))
And this one leg nails looks tall
Is this one to old to lay eggs anymore ? What age could she be I wonder
The breed only lay few eggs per year so they should lay for 5+ years with few issues.
From just looking at your pictures I wonder if they are old enough to be laying as they are a slow maturing breed.
You see and are able to handle your birds so you would know better than people posting on this thread that are only looking at pictures.
Any of the other comments made off topic I would disregard.
Main thing is enjoy your birds.
Been raising chickens for 5+ decades and chickens adjust to their environment.
My housing is setup around my comfort and easy care than “making them happy”.

Thank u bro it's a shame for this forum website to has plenty of clueless members and they call them experts or breeders !!!
I'm glad we got an expert here thanks for coming by
Listen I’m not trying to be rude but do not disrespect people on here when you are obviously the most ignorant and everyone has been telling you what’s wrong with them and your just not listening

The breed only lay few eggs per year so they should lay for 5+ years with few issues.
From just looking at your pictures I wonder if they are old enough to be laying as they are a slow maturing breed.
You see and are able to handle your birds so you would know better than people posting on this thread that are only looking at pictures.
Any of the other comments made off topic I would disregard.
Main thing is enjoy your birds.
Been raising chickens for 5+ decades and chickens adjust to their environment.
My housing is setup around my comfort and easy care than “making them happy”.

Irk what's the problem with most ppl here I been nice to everyone but looks like here hatters stalkers and annoying ppl this probably my last post no wonder most visitors post and leave I have noticed that ...
For my hens thankfully all turned out healthy young and good shape as shown on video below good luck for everyone bye .

Irk what's the problem with most ppl here I been nice to everyone but looks like here hatters stalkers and annoying ppl this probably my last post no wonder most visitors post and leave I have noticed that ...
For my hens thankfully all turned out healthy young and good shape as shown on video below good luck for everyone bye .
No one is hating. We just all want to help you have healthy happy birds. What do you mean by stalkers? People who keep responding to your thread? Or because we found your other thread? We just try to get all the information to help best we can. No need to get upset because people are telling you what you don’t want to hear, we just want to help you best we can.

First thing you need to do is worm all your chickens with valbazen. The pale face is a sign of poor health. Second the Aseel only lay in season like they do in the wild as they aren’t production breeds. If you want egg layers get you some RIR etc. I don’t know what your feeding or the type of care you give but in general this breed is very hardy and strong. I’ve had Aseels over 35 years so if you have questions let me know and I’ll try to answer them. Good luck

How experienced are you with chickens? If you are looking for hens to supply you with eggs for breakfast most days, Aseels are not the breed for you! Regarding the hen's age, sometimes it's not easy to tell. The one with the pale face may be fine, her paleness can mean she is just out of production at this time.

If that bird were mine, the first thing I would do is worm it. It could have a pale face from scarring, asils are feisty birds, and sometimes they rip chunks of skin off of each others faces. But It's posture makes it look wormy.

There is no too old to lay for asils. They start at six months of age, if when they hit six months of age the day length is increasing, and it is warm enough. They will lay ten to twelve eggs. If too many of those eggs disappear, they will abandon the nest and stop laying. Once they get a clutch, they set. If they lay enough, they will go into set mode, and will set on rocks if they don't have eggs. They will hatch and raise chicks, and when the chicks get feathered out enough to not need brooding, they will start laying again. They will chase away the chicks when they start to lay, if they are confined, they may kill them. When they are young they may raise four or five broods a year, once they are four or five years old, they will raise a couple broods a year. They can keep laying and hatching into their late teens, but might slow to a brood once a year or may skip a year. They can live into their early twenties and might still lay an egg every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom