Is slightly damp ground for coop OK for the chickens

3 silkies in a coop that size?! How have you resisted the chicken math syndrome?? You must have great restraint!
PXL_20210612_143408890.jpg
PXL_20210612_143418710.jpg

now i got an even bigger coop thats 2x larger than the last. i need more silkies. stat.

Like everyone else said, as long as your mister is outside, you’re good. We have sand in the coop and run. The inside sand stays dry. The outside sand in the run is covered, but gets wet. The girls seem to prefer the wet sand when it’s hot and dig holes to lie down in during the afternoon. As long as their feathered feet have a chance to dry before bedtime and don’t stay wet continuously, your girls should be fine.
1FE8310B-CC77-43F7-91AD-2AF3FFEDFC8D.jpeg

PXL_20210612_143445324.jpg

Is it ok that the mister makes some small amounts of the coop floor damp? Its not damp enough that its muddy, when I touch it barely any dirt sticks to my fingers even if it press into the dirt and not just touch it, my chickens feet are not muddy at all either

View attachment 2716676
Is it ok that the mister makes some small amounts of the coop floor damp? Its not damp enough that its muddy, when I touch it barely any dirt sticks to my fingers even if it press into the dirt and not just touch it, my chickens feet are not muddy at all either

It's probably no wetter than my soil's average condition in my humid climate. If you're not getting muddy silkie-feet then it's unlikely to be a problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom