is smoking near chickens bad

Quote:
Then you could have cold chicken salad the next day...
Yummy!
clap.gif

If you find a considerate smoker let me know. My DH used to smoke before we married. Now he can't stand to be near or smell it. He says he couldn't smell it before-guess he got used to it. What ticks me is people who stand right outside the door of a store smoking away and you have to walk through it to get in the store.Then your clothes and hair stink. Guess I am a real smok-a-phobe! I would think it would be bad for the chickens too!

and what fun is life without a little sillyness??

Some reality:

Smoking is bad for you
Second hand smoke is bad for you
A lot of things are bad for you

Telling a smoker that smoking is bad for them IS WRONG!!!

Do you actually believe they don't know this????

Smokers know and experience the health issues of smoking every day of their lives.

The best thing you can do for a smoker is tell them you love them and not mention smoking. Bringing to their attention that they are doing something they already
know is bad for them only makes them feel worse and hurts their chance of quitting.

Yes we need to PROPERLY educate our kids so they don't start smoking.

Do you actually believe the government wants people to quit. Do any of you know
the tax revenues smoking generates??? Or exports???

Anyone have Phillip Morris in their retirement accounts? You might wanna check.

Dammm I wish people would wake up.

Most people finally quit because they have children or watch a loved one die slowly
of cancer. Don't believe me??? Just ask them.

Sorry mods, this topic enrages me.

To get back on topic..I don't think a brief one-time exposure to smoke will hurt the chicks, although extended periods of exposure could be devastating for them. Chickens have very sensitive air sacs which they use to breathe. They are not like lungs and do not do well with even mild irritants. I am sure the chickies will be fine, but I wouldn't encourage any smoking around them.

Jody

Quote:
I couldn't agree more- I was trying to be silly by suggesting the thread was getting silly.
tongue.png

I've been missing some of this silliness. Yes, there are threads that seriousness is the way to go but, the silliness does make things fun.

As for my being against smoking, third hand smoke (the smokey smell in your clothes and hair if you smoke) is enough to set off my asthma not to mention 2nd hand. Wonder why I have a problem with smoking in public? You want to smoke-fine by me, it's your choice-but please remember there are others who have health issues it affects.

Jody,
I freaked cause the punk was smoking near my daughter, not the chickens, her version is not what happened. This little punk is 16 years old smoking in my house where I could be arrested for child endangerment, Not to mention my daughter's medical. I told his parents and his father said he could smoke as long as they are lite cigs. the heck with him. My little bear cub just broke up with his brother, cause mom and dad have no family values.

I could have swore I posted this already.
hmm.png

I have no idea what happened to it.

My daughter has asthma. I have to jump on the don't smoke around my asthmatic child bandwagon, too. Those hospital trips are scarey.

Back
Top Bottom