Is something wrong with my new chick?

nancylee

Chirping
Sep 17, 2009
Montague, PEI
Just go this chick yesterday about 5 p.m. (my first one ever)The chick is not moving well. Roll and wabbles around. I seen others chicke on this site and they are standing straight and walking. Should I be worried. It also seems to have a hard time drinking water. A little bit and it makes gagging motions. Eating well, lots of noise and lively. The chick is a Japanese chicken, mother black, father grey.

41365_015.jpg

Have any other chicks hatched? Did this chick have a tough hatch or did it get out fairly easy?
I have had some that just take a little longer to get going properly if they had a difficult time getting out of the shell but it should have some type of company if this is your lone chick.
They do not do well by themselves, they need a friend in there with them.

This is the only chick. I should have another in a few days. It did have a hard time hatching. I had to take a q-tip and cloth to moisten her where she was stuck to the shell. One of her wings was stuck to her also, she was really sticky. Her eyes were stuck shut too.I lost some, shrink-wrapped. Is it lack of humidty that causes that?
I really hope my other egg hatches, she needs a friend. My hen is also sitting on one egg, :Dwatch hers hatch with no problem, day 14 for her.

Back
Top Bottom