Is the bumblefoot getting better?

cynesthesia

Chirping
Jul 2, 2021
This is my first time dealing with bumblefoot on my Easter Egger's feet, so I'm not sure if it's healing ok. There hasn't been the dark scab for this and the last 3 days checked. However, the feet pads are still pink.

Attachments

• received_319690220357067.jpeg
    received_319690220357067.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 8
  • received_467794648560962.jpeg
    received_467794648560962.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 4
  • received_1446310689163271.jpeg
    received_1446310689163271.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 4
This is my first time dealing with bumblefoot on my Easter Egger's feet, so I'm not sure if it's healing ok. There hasn't been the dark scab for this and the last 3 days checked. However, the feet pads are still pink.
I just need a little clarification. Which picture of the foot was taken first and which was the newest.

Thanks! They're both taken at the same time - one of each foot. Her feet also don't feel hot.
From what I can see the first photo/first foot has the worse looking spot, but it doesn't look awful, so I'd continue with daily epsom salt soaks and just watch the progress of the scabbing (you want it to look clean and not hot/swollen).

Second foot looks more or less ok as-is, but should benefit from the soaks without you having to do anything extra, I think.

From what I can see the first photo/first foot has the worse looking spot, but it doesn't look awful, so I'd continue with daily epsom salt soaks and just watch the progress of the scabbing (you want it to look clean and not hot/swollen).

Second foot looks more or less ok as-is, but should benefit from the soaks without you having to do anything extra, I think.
Yeah, one of the feet was initially worse than the other. I also still have the Vetricyn to spray on. She's been tolerant of the treatment so far and eats the dried mealworms during the Epsom salt soak. Even ate some after I removed the really dark scab. She's almost as heavy as my light Brahma.

Back
Top Bottom