Is "The Chicken Health Handbook" worth getting?

jmc

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 22, 2008
South Central MA
that' s my question, right up above.

Is it worth it. Looks good. Gail Damerow seems a fine raiser of Chx. Her "Guide to Raising Chickens" has a fair amount of acclaim, and I have benefitted from it............

I just got it last week and it is awesome. Its on sale at mypetchicken right now for $5 less than i paid, i wish i got that deal. Anyway i think its a must have for poultry people
thumbsup.gif

I'm glad you asked. We saw it at Books a Million the other day and added it to our Amazon.com order. That and a Pocket full of Poultry, which my husband found interesting.

Its a must have as far I am concerned. Speckled hen is right on about it being scary though
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
Who knew that chickens had so many ways of getting sick!! I would reccomend getting it now though, and not putting it off. When one of you chooks is sick- you really want and need to have info right away
smile.png

Quote:
Yes she is! After I won storytubes on one of her books, Storey publishing sent me a whole BOX of poultry books, including Pocketful of Poultry, Chicken health Handbook, Storey's illustrated Guide to Poultry,Storey's guide top raising chickens, Storey's guide to raising chicks, etc... for FREE! I HIGHLY reccomend all Storey poultry books, by or not Gail Damerow.

Back
Top Bottom