Is the economy that bad? **Update**

To answer the question Is the economy that bad? Yes it is. Ken is a brilliant man. He knows more about computers, software, hardware, writing programs, all that stuff. And he has resorted to going back to school and getting grants to keep our household afloat. Yes, he will have a degree at the end, which is GREAT! But, this economy sucks so bad, a man like him can't even flip a burger. When people are desperate they call him, so he gets a few side jobs here and there, but really? Someone THAT smart can't get a job? Bites.

Quote:
It is a lot of money, but they weren't jipped out of it by us. Their drivers, their dispatch (who gets the tickets), and whom ever does their accounts payable are the ones who jipped them. Each hauler/customer has at least three different people that look things over before paying the invoices. It appears that no one in the company was checking things.

Quote:
Debira that is aweful
sad.png

Mistakes are made from time to time. If I was owed and it was an honest mistake I would want to be paid. On the other hand your company is not their book keeper. I would tell them to find the unpaid tickets and send them to you for comparison.

Yes the economy when doing poorly puts lawyers to work over small otherwise overlooked things.

Last edited:
Quote:
See this is the issue they paid all their invoices so there are no unpaid tickets. What wasn't done was them making sure that the tickets they got from each load dumped was correct before the invoices even went out.

I've worked in the rubbish business before and as a matter of fact I was in charge of making sure tickets were correct when the drivers came in. All the trucks are different some are rear loaders that do not hold as much as the front loaders or the big trailers and the you have the roll-offs. This one company only brings in trailers that can have a net weight of 18 to 23 tons.

There's alot of companies that have let go of alot of people to stay afloat, and it's easy to miss stuff or make mistakes when people get overburdened. It could be that they've changed hands, had a crappy employee doing the job, or cut staff to stay afloat and are just trying to catch/clean up.

We have a big meeting tomorrow with the company and they are not happy that we are questioning why it has taken them so long to dispute the tare weights on the tickets.

I researched their contract with us and it appears they have 60 days from when they receive an invoice to dispute any inaccurate ticket weights and charges. They did not do that so the best they can walk away with is a 60 day credit. But there will be some higher ups here from our corporate office so we will see what happens.

I would not worry about it much as I think the burden of proof is on them. Good luck in the meeting.
Quote:
See this is the issue they paid all their invoices so there are no unpaid tickets. What wasn't done was them making sure that the tickets they got from each load dumped was correct before the invoices even went out.

I've worked in the rubbish business before and as a matter of fact I was in charge of making sure tickets were correct when the drivers came in. All the trucks are different some are rear loaders that do not hold as much as the front loaders or the big trailers and the you have the roll-offs. This one company only brings in trailers that can have a net weight of 18 to 23 tons.

Back
Top Bottom