Is the leg broken?

the vaccinated one was the last to become sick and first to die. I've had Mareks in the coop when we lived in VA back like 7 years ago. Since living in NY they have a completely different coop. They are getting a layer feed. I've never sent anything into Cornell so i wouldnt know how to do that but i'm up to try anything. As for it being cold, its been below freezing outside all day so i think im good on that.
Do you possibly have an avian vet anywhere near you?

Vaccination isn't 100% but I would expect it to offer some protection rather than that hen being the first and fastest to die. Also a bit unusual that one is already back on her feet. With such quick onset on symptoms in a number of birds I think of botulism or some other toxin. There are also other diseases than Mareks that cause lameness... How old are the birds?
we got them last spring

Do you possibly have an avian vet anywhere near you?
i have no clue. My dad will not spend a ton of money on Chickens and would rather make a quick ending for them than take them to a vet. He'll get me any probiotics or vitamin oil that i need but veterinary care is too much.

i have no clue. My dad will not spend a ton of money on Chickens and would rather make a quick ending for them than take them to a vet. He'll get me any probiotics or vitamin oil that i need but veterinary care is too much.
I mean, with the avian vet and exotic animal i go to, sometimes they will let you send a chicken that has passed in for an autopsy. They gave me the option when one of my chickens passed at home and i declined but you would just have to call them and ask if they would do it.

Or you could do what someone else said above and send it out to cornell for autopsy that link is here

what they eat is like crushed corn in this like, powder stuff. I think its like protein and other things.

I am trying to get to the point were i make money off of eggs. My parents said i could buy any chickens i wanted with the money i got and i just descovered Frizzle Eastereggers soooooo. thats what im trying to figure out.

We sell non GMO soy free eggs.

Does everyone else really think it's Marek's? Three birds all becoming lame within a few days of each other, the one bird to die within a day is the one that was vaccinated for Marek's, and one birds seems to be back on her feet after a day or two....
No.
Overcrowding? Injury? Moldy feed? Not enough feed/water stations?
Dehydration? Reproductive problems, Parasites.....?

Do you currently sell eggs or are you trying to get into the egg business? Getting a necropsy would be a wise thing to do since you are losing birds and you have birds that are not well. If the issue is correctable or treatable, then you need to know. Sick birds = loss of profits.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/isabella4storm2s-flock-and-farm.1558405/post-26425681
1672964179444-jpeg.3367987

1672703102119-jpeg.3365366

1672703121596-jpeg.3365367

No.
Overcrowding? Injury? Moldy feed? Not enough feed/water stations?
Dehydration? Reproductive problems, Parasites.....?

Do you currently sell eggs or are you trying to get into the egg business? Getting a necropsy would be a wise thing to do since you are losing birds and you have birds that are not well. If the issue is correctable or treatable, then you need to know. Sick birds = loss of profits.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/isabella4storm2s-flock-and-farm.1558405/post-26425681
1672964179444-jpeg.3367987

1672703102119-jpeg.3365366

1672703121596-jpeg.3365367
Dang you did some digging to find that 😬😬😬😬

Dang you did some digging to find that 😬😬😬😬
No. Those photos were posted this month.
When someone has an ER issue, you look at past posts to see if there are pieces of the puzzle missing. Past threads and posts often give a lot of information.

The post is not to make anyone angry or uncomfortable, the OP is asking for help, this is part of the process of trying to find out what may be affecting her birds.
While disease like Marek's is always a possibility, there can be other issues at play that can exacerbate symptoms. If these issues can be addressed quickly and easily, all the better.

No. Those photos were posted this month.
When someone has an ER issue, you look at past posts to see if there are pieces of the puzzle missing. Past threads and posts often give a lot of information.

The post is not to make anyone angry or uncomfortable, the OP is asking for help, this is part of the process of trying to find out what may be affecting her birds.
While disease like Marek's is always a possibility, there can be other issues at play that can exacerbate symptoms. If these issues can be addressed quickly and easily, all the better.
I know i’m just saying, i never really thought to look in past posts because some of the time there’s nothing, yk? I hope they figured out a different coop set up because that’s very bad overcrowding

I know i’m just saying, i never really thought to look in past posts because some of the time there’s nothing, yk? I hope they figured out a different coop set up because that’s very bad overcrowding
Sometimes there's no past posts, but it's still worth a look.

In the photos, the birds look to be in overall good feather and condition from what I can tell. Everyone keeps birds differently, it's a bit crowded which could cause stress and injury. Stress can bring about onset of disease. But without the OP getting some testing/diagnostics, it's just guessing.

Sometimes there's no past posts, but it's still worth a look.

In the photos, the birds look to be in overall good feather and condition from what I can tell. Everyone keeps birds differently, it's a bit crowded which could cause stress and injury. Stress can bring about onset of disease. But without the OP getting some testing/diagnostics, it's just guessing.
You are correct

Back
Top Bottom