Is the mareks vaccine organic?

JOSH71

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 9, 2014
I want to start raising my own birds for meat. should I vaccinate for mareks or is it considered non organic? I want to be organic as possible.

Since most organic feeds are incomplete nutritionally even meat type birds may become old enough to suffer from Marek's before they attain desirable slaughter weight.

There are no vaccinations for poultry that render chickens non organic in the "official" definition of the term. Of course there are nut jobs out there that think that any form of vaccination (for humans or anything else) are a violation of nature and deady or a deadly sin.

Well so much for being open and polite. I don't think it's being a nut job to be worried about heavy metals being used as preservatives for most vaccines. I'll take my chickens without any sort of medication, thank you. Josh: I applaud you for your efforts. I don't think the vaccination changes the "organic" nature of your chickens, but you don't have to have it. Many chicken owners on here choose not to get the mareks vaccine for their day olds.

Back
Top Bottom