Is the poo normal?

RNjoy17

Chirping
May 2, 2021
Hi all, for the past week I’ve noticed some yellow poop coming from my flock. I did do a food change roughly 2-3 weeks ago, to Poulin’s Grain Organic Grower Pellets and they were previously on a chick crumble. I noticed a week ago it was thick and gelatinous almost, and now it appears thinner and almost appears to have bubbles in it? The yellow poop in general seems to be happening less, but what is left has progressed to become thinner. I can’t figure out who of my 20 birds is doing it, and every time I go to grab my phone to take a picture someone steps in it. I’ve noticed a few times where the first half of the poop appear normal, then the last half is this yellow stuff. Anything to be concerned about? No one appears to be ill at this time.

Attachments

• A42BAF9E-AC99-4FCF-AFB5-377B284FC5F0.jpeg
    A42BAF9E-AC99-4FCF-AFB5-377B284FC5F0.jpeg
    878.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi all, for the past week I’ve noticed some yellow poop coming from my flock. I did do a food change roughly 2-3 weeks ago, to Poulin’s Grain Organic Grower Pellets and they were previously on a chick crumble. I noticed a week ago it was thick and gelatinous almost, and now it appears thinner and almost appears to have bubbles in it? The yellow poop in general seems to be happening less, but what is left has progressed to become thinner. I can’t figure out who of my 20 birds is doing it, and every time I go to grab my phone to take a picture someone steps in it. I’ve noticed a few times where the first half of the poop appear normal, then the last half is this yellow stuff. Anything to be concerned about? No one appears to be ill at this time.
this is so strange! ive changed my chickens food before but never really noticed a diffrence in their poop! but ever hen is different! it is pretty hot outside, so your chickens might be drinking more water, which can result in a watery stool, since both there poo and pee comes together! sorry i know thats gross :lol: i hope you can get to the bottom of whats going on!!

If no one acts I’ll i personally wouldn’t worry about it, I’ve had poops like this before and everyone is fine

Back
Top Bottom