Is the stretching normal?

lisal124

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 16, 2010
Henderson, Kentucky
Is this normal? This chick likes to stretch his legs. The yellow chick stretches her legs out behind her sometimes but this one flips over on his side! They all seem healthy..as far as I can tell with my limited experience!

49095_my_peeps_044.jpg

All three have pooped, drank some water, and are pecking the food!
big_smile.png

49095_my_peeps_046.jpg

yep! Mine all looked dead. LOL mine did all kinds of crazy sleeping positions and stretching. All 51 are great!!! If you had been crammed in an egg, wouldn't you wanna stretch out? hahaha It fine. As long as they are getting up, eating, drinking, pooing, and playing all is good!

Congrats!
Good Luck and God Bless!

That chick concerns me. It's almost like it's having a seizure or something. Does it do this constantly? May want to give it liquid vitamins.

Quote:
Yes...she seems fine. Waddling around..drinking water..pecking at food and the other chicks..but when she falls asleep sometimes, this is what she does. I did think that maybe she was dying, but when I move or reach in, she pops right up and just chirps at me. Could she just be a real laid back chick?
smile.png
Also, I am amazed at how much better the chick that was born yesterday morning can walk around than the 2 that were hatched last night. Just a few hours really make a difference!

Wait until the first time one of your little bitty chicks performs dust bath antics in the shavings.... you think THAT'S a seizure, but it's not.
Their genetic knowledge is astounding. No Mama Hens to tell or show them how to do that stuff, but they still do the Chicken Scratch Dance, ballet stretches, Sleep Anywhere In Any Position, etc.

Far more interesting than anything on TV. Makes me wish Discovery Channel had a chick cam. I'd never watch anything else during chick-less times!

Mine are 5 weeks now. They did the crazy stretching for about 1 week straight. Now they still do it every once in a while. It's just growing strains. LOL They would sleep with 1 leg straight out, both legs straight out, on side, standing asleep with head on ground( Tri-Pod). They are so funny! I love all of mine! Just wait till they start doing the chest bumps! You will begin to see their lil personalities. I have 1 that will jump into my hand as soon as I reach in. She lays down and starts to preen her feathers asap! Even when I'm reaching in for another bird or the remove the feeder/waterer. AND she is jealouse when I pick up another bird! LOL She gives them and me the dirtiest looks!!!
gig.gif

Good luck and God Bless!

When I hung the feeder and waterer, they decided to dig a dust bath right between them! Now they have a 5 inch deep hole in the shavings. which makes that side of the feeder and waterer almost un reachable, except for the tallest birds. Maybe thats why they did it? LOL no one can reach it but them. hahaha atleast its only on 1 side. They are so funny and amazing!!! some are so loveable and some don't want nuthin you have but food! Their personalities run the gammit!

Who'd a thunk iT?

God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom