*Is the temp. to high?!*

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Ok first question.....I was adding water to the incubator this morning and when I picked the lid up the attached thermometer with tape it had stuck to a egg and the egg was just dangling!!!
ep.gif

I took it off and put it back in the incubator will it be ok?? Or is that one a goner??
hit.gif

Second question...... The Hova Bator incubator I have is preset to 100 degrees but my egg hatching guide says that chickens need 99.5 degrees and mines around 100 to 102 degree!

Is this bad!?
hu.gif
hide.gif

I keep mine at 99.5 to 99.8. 100 is not horrible but never 102 unless it's a still air incubator. If it's those temps in your hova they could either hatch out early with problems or you will cook the eggs. My 2-cents!

Leave the egg, don't throw it and candle again when it's time to see if there is growth.

mines a still air and my temps stay at 99-100. i did have a spike to 102 from the kids tounching it i adjusted it barly touched it myself and the temp seemed steady but in the morning it was a steady 97. i got it back to its ttemp and all of mine are doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom