Is the water safe?

If the water stored in the header tank is not safe for you to drink then it is not safe for the ducks. They can and will drink the water they swim and play in. If you use the header tank water enough it should not be stagnant and should be safe for them. But if it sits in the tank for a while before use you should not put them in it.

The same is true for any water system. Let the water run before you get a drink. Water that sat in the pipes or in your hot water tank without being refreshed is not good drinking water.

I'm happy to hear you are thinking about your ducks and being so careful. Sounds like they have a good home.
yippiechickie.gif

Because the water is from a header tank! Silly That is what we have been discussing the whole thread!! Lol

It is not completely stagnant. When we use some water more come in to the tank. That is a different system to the kitchen

@Miss Lydia Look up a header tank system. It is a tank in your attic/loft that you pump water into, it then sits until you turn on the tap. Generally they are used for toilets, washing machines, etc... Depending on what all they are hooked up to and how frequently that water is used it can go stagnant on you. Usually they are harvesting rain water to use in the tank so it has not been filtered or cleaned for drinking use.
big_smile.png

http://www.gslplumbers.com/our-services/sustainable-water-systems/header-tank-system

@Mccluckers where are you located? I would love to have a header tank system. I'm just not sure if they would be worth the investment in my area.

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia
 Look up a header tank system.  It is a tank in your attic/loft that you pump water into, it then sits until you turn on the tap.  Generally they are used for toilets, washing machines, etc...  Depending on what all they are hooked up to and how frequently that water is used it can go stagnant on you.  Usually they are harvesting rain water to use in the tank so it has not been filtered or cleaned for drinking use.  :D

http://www.gslplumbers.com/our-services/sustainable-water-systems/header-tank-system

Good to know......

Back
Top Bottom