Is there a current record for use of zip ties in a run?

Luke13:34 :

OK all! Confession time!!

Did you "CLIP?"

lau.gif

My zips are still hanging in the breeze!
hide.gif

Mine too, hence the tails tickling me when I walk under them!

The evidence:

33721_639141723251_55007926_35481082_1286944_n.jpg

62090_639143654381_55007926_35481201_6764156_n.jpg

Did you "CLIP?"

lau.gif

hide.gif

No CLIPS for me. You have to bE KIDDING.​

I'm embarrassed to say this, but what are zip ties, and how are they used?

I see the photo a few posts up, but I don't know why the dangling white things would be useful?

Any photos?

Zip ties are the same as cable ties. They hold wires togther and they hold fencing together or to PVC for the pen/run.It's like a little tiny belt.U put the end thru the hole at the other end and pull til it's tight.
old.gif

Did you "CLIP?"

lau.gif

hide.gif

I was just happy to finally finish zip-tying everything. Clipping is a whole new project entirely! My quail runs were originally a guinea pen and are made of 6 foot wire fence lined with 2 foot chicken wire. When we decided to put quail in the them, we lined them with mesh netting to keep them from escaping. Then we realized that they could dig out and ziptied another layer of chicken wire on and buried the bottom foot of it. Then I went back and added zipties to any quail sized seam that they could possibly squeeze into. It looks kind of like the inside of a chicken plucker with all the little tails sticking out into the run.​

Quote:
They were probably broken down by the sunlight and not the heat. The black, UV resistant type should stand up to the light and the heat. They are temperature rated for electrical work. You get what you pay for. Use the quality brands sold as electrician supplies and marked as UV rated, as opposed to the cheap multicolor bundles sold at the dollar store.

After a week of listeneing to the hens complain about the unclipped look I broke down and clipped.

Back
Top Bottom