Is there a dentist in the house? mahonri????

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
i have an appointment on weds. morning to get a tooth extracted. I'm one of "those" people who will pass out.... i had a root canal when i was pregnant and passed out for like 5 minutes.

Well, long story short, no dental insurance and i asked how much the laughing gas cost.... they said $300 for 30 minutes!!!!! Sooooo thats not gonna happen....

What other choices do I have? I have Vicodin for the pain. So can i take one before i go in? As like a sedative? When i was like 13, the dr gave me a pill to knock me out, do they still have that option???The shot is what freaks me out.....

I plan on taking an ipod so i dont have to listen to the scary whistling sounds.

I have the same question for the BYC dentist...
I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth pulled (bottoms are impacted, top are perfect but they don't want me to keep them!) and my insurance will not pay for me to be knocked out or anything. I have severe anxiety disorder and just the thought makes me break out in hives... So I have put off having it done for over 5 years and have to deal with about two infections in one of the bottom impacted teeth a year.
I need a solution as I need to have these out but I cannot bring myself to do it like that...

Oh I feel for you. Just for a cleaning I have to be gassed. Luckily it's only $40 here and I gladly pay it! When I had my root canal done the odontist didn't offer gas and I thought I was going to lose my mind. I guess I was in too much pain to argue though because I went through with it....
When I had my wisdom teeth removed I got the twilight sedation from the oral surgeon. HEAVEN!!
Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you
smile.png

I have a dental appointment tomorrow. I dread it. I do not like to go to the dentist. I hate going to the dentist as much as I hate going to an ob/gyn. I detest, deplore, cannot stand going to the dentist. I wish it weren't so, omg someone help me out of here, please don't make me go to the dentist but sometimes you just have to cowboy up with your big girl panties on and sit in the chair praying you won't throw up and trying to look at the ceiling.
sad.png

I feel for you. I really do. My appointment is 9am.
sad.png
sickbyc.gif

good luck to those going i am sure it will be fine
smile.png

i love going to the dentist
lol.png

i am gonna be getting braces soon though
hide.gif
at my age is really late but oh well lol

I had wisdom teeth out and they just numbed me with some good stuff and a needle. Couldn't feel a thing. Of course I slobbered all over myself all day.
lol.png

I love going to the denist! That clean feeling is worth it. I'm crazy I know.

Good luck!

Why is it that the two places the health professionals want to get chatty are the dentist and the ob/gyn? Everyone is staring at your girlie business and they ask how your vacation was?

Back
Top Bottom