Is there a good way to sex 1 month old ducklings ?

The left one is a Drake and the one on the right is a Hen...;)......

Cheers!

H

Here's a better picture theybstill are afraid of me n the fam but get among lovely with the chickens.

This is driving me nuts with my 8 ducklings! I swore when I got them I was only going to keep the females (whenever I can actually tell the difference). They are just so cute though and I'm afraid I'm becoming attached to them all, haha.

This is driving me nuts with my 8 ducklings! I swore when I got them I was only going to keep the females (whenever I can actually tell the difference). They are just so cute though and I'm afraid I'm becoming attached to them all, haha.

Well, you'd still be able to eat any eggs females lay, so I don't think that would be too much of an issue!

How it works...;)....

Ducklings either Quack if Hens or Rasp and whistle if Drakes...The voice really comes in at around 6 to 8 weeks old....They will NOT display any Drake feathers till they are around 3 to 4 months old and have Gone through a juvenile molt....It will look like a feather pillow fight happened..Drakes will then grow their curls..;)........Either voice sexing...Colour or tail curls will sex the Ducks.....;)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom