Is there an upright duck or bird, like the runner ducks, that can fly?

I have two. They are Runner duck x 'normal' duck. They can stand upright if they want to (but not so much as runners) and they can fly.
I'm hoping that they will fly away since they are not the runner ducks that I asked for..
But I don't think I can get them to fly all the way to you :p

I have two. They are Runner duck x 'normal' duck. They can stand upright if they want to (but not so much as runners) and they can fly.
I'm hoping that they will fly away since they are not the runner ducks that I asked for..
But I don't think I can get them to fly all the way to you :p
What is a normal duck?
And by fly, do you mean actually fly a distance or hop and glide?
Do you have pics and videos?

What is a normal duck?
And by fly, do you mean actually fly a distance or hop and glide?
Do you have pics and videos?

Due to your question I finally looked up the English word for it way too late. It is, offcourse, the much used term over here, 'mallard'. A mallard duck. Sigh. (stop being so lazy Loopeend).

They haven't flewn yet. But their wings are growing in the way that a 'mallard' does. that it actually can fly and not those weird useless wing runners normally have.
They are actually totally mallards. You only can see the runner in them when they stand upright for snacks or other reasons. I don't think anyone will notice that they are half runner if I let them loose in the local park over here. Since they have no reason anymore to stand upright.
If I keep them long enough that they start laying eggs (and haven't flew away) and sort I could tell more about how much part is runner and how much part is mallard.

I will try to post pictures soon. I am curious about other people opinions if they are full-bred runners or not anyway. :)

I would make sure they can indeed fly and not a low grounder. I will post a video of what I mean.
I don't agree with releasing domestic ducks to the wild - unless done properly like when an animal needs rehabilitated.
Can you just find them a new home? Or ... add them to freezer camp? At least then, they don't die in vain.

Back
Top Bottom