Is there any other playhouse or kit....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kees, May 20, 2008.

1. kees

kees Songster

Feb 5, 2008
    Has anyone come across any other reasonably priced playhouse kit such as the one that was mentioned in the Lowe's thread?

2. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Songster

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    I looked all over the net and locally, here in California. I would not call the kit I got inexpensive but I have limited carpentry skills and thought that I might have ended up spending that much on materials, not to mention frustration, if I did it myself. My kit in on samsclub.com

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=55448

Heather

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    We got our playhouse from a Homier truckload sale. We probably could have built better for cheaper or atleast the same cost, but Skip was working alot of extra hours at the time and the chickens don't mind living it it...so we're happy with it.

With our mild TN winters, it has worked great for us but I can see how it wouldn't work as great for someone with "real" winters since the walls are rather thin.

Another advantage to our playhouse is that it can be easily taken apart and be set back up since we'll be moving to AR in a few years.

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: