1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is there any way to put pictures on here without using photobucket?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by crazy4daisy, Jul 11, 2007.

1. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    My question is the title of this topic [​IMG]
    Ah, yes, I am a simple person. [​IMG]

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    There are other image hosting sites but you must have your photo posted somewhere where it will have a URL. I am not that sure what that stands for but it is actually an address where the photo can be found on the net. Your own computer files are not compatible for posting directly to this message board.

3. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Thanks [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    We go back and forth on providing members with the ability to host images right here on the forum and to integrate image management and posting easily into one place. The problems are:

1) Photobucket does a pretty good job and is free (as are many of the other photo hosting sites)

2) On the top of the line hardware we're using for this site it becomes pretty expensive to host the many MANY beautiful pictures our members post.

We're tossing around the idea of having a "premium member" or "supporting member" service that allows members to donate funds to help support the forum and in exchange they would receive additional tools and features (like image hosting).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by