Is there anything I can spray for Noseeums around my coop I live in southwest Florida and I get eate

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!

You should search around the site, check out the natural chicken keeping thread, they may know of some more natural means of getting rid of pests that will not hurt your flock.

I know this is an old thread but if you stop by like I did and you have no-see-ums then here is your cure. A fan. Put a fan in your coop and, if need be, under an eave blowing across your run. Keep it turned up so that air stays moving. No-see-ums aren't a problem in the winter here (all 15 days of it) so that's good news. Don't bother with chemicals or sprays or DE. They don't work. I know. The fans work because no-see-ums are weak fliers. Also, make sure you follow the same rules for keeping down mosquitos. No standing water ect.

I know this is an old thread but if you stop by like I did and you have no-see-ums then here is your cure. A fan. Put a fan in your coop and, if need be, under an eave blowing across your run. Keep it turned up so that air stays moving. No-see-ums aren't a problem in the winter here (all 15 days of it) so that's good news. Don't bother with chemicals or sprays or DE. They don't work. I know. The fans work because no-see-ums are weak fliers. Also, make sure you follow the same rules for keeping down mosquitos. No standing water ect.
Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom