Is there REALLY free chicken coop plans out there???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nicegirl40cheetos, Jun 18, 2009.

1. nicegirl40cheetos

nicegirl40cheetos In the Brooder

Jun 17, 2009
    Hi, is there REALLY free chicken coop designs/plans? I hope to be able to build a portable chicken coop (with wheels) so that I can move it around the yard when needed. I have seen some for sale out there, but they seem super expensive! Is there any FREE plans out there, nothing too extensive or hard to build. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! [​IMG]

2. jus1jack

jus1jack Critically Endangered

Mar 30, 2009
    Orlando
  3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    "Plans," all dawn up nice on paper will never be free. But there are plenty of ideas and good working drawings. Keep looking and be patient, youll find what you need.

If you want to pay $15, I can put you on to bonafide plans for just the sort of coop/tractor you are after.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom In the Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    The confederate colonel is the one we based ours on.

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:That pretty cool. Nice joinery construction.

6. mykidsdaddy

mykidsdaddy In the Brooder

Jun 7, 2009
    I found one on the internet BEFORE I found BYC...I paid $18.00 for the plans to this one. very similar designs abound. The only reason I haven't built a nice coop yet is building materials are not cheep cheep cheep! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sc00ter4900

Sc00ter4900 Songster

Jun 7, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Whatch out for that site that says how to build a chicken coop in 3 days. Im still waiting for a refund. They made a bunch of promises to help then gave up with out even trying. I have never been treated that bad ever. I think they have too many people doing the same e mails. I have got a lot of info from this site. Hope you find what your looking for [​IMG]

Scotty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: