Is there something wrong with him?

Ducks need room to move around and stretch their wings
The first thing my ducks do in the morning is run and flap the wings when getting outside. They love to stretch
I understand the lifestyle makes this hard for you and I’m really not trying to sound rude when saying this
If you are going to raise ducks then it’s your responsibility to provide a proper living environment for them to thrive in
This includes space to move freely
Sunlight and water deep enough to dunk their heads at all times not just bath time
If your to busy to provide quality of life for them then maybe it’s best to find them a home that can. Again I’m sorry if this comes off blunt and rude I’m not at all trying to do that
I have 16 ducks and mine are beyond spoiled just like any other pet I own. I sacrifice enjoying holidays , outings ect to make sure they are looked after first
The angel wing could be from to high of protein for to long in feed
I have one out of my 16 with angel wing and none of offspring ever got it
I didn’t know when I had him that starter feed should end by 3 weeks and go to grower
So in my case I caused this on my duck but have corrected how I feed my ducklings since and never had an issue
He has had around 50 ducklings with no angel wing
Best of luck
Thank you for your input! Like I said before, I am working on getting them a better living environment and I have considered giving them up. I'm hoping I can work through this and get them a better living environment as I am getting more free time.
I really hope I can get them living better because they are the best things that have happened to me, Newt loves me to death and if I'm not around she freaks out. I am researching and trying to find them new homes as a back up plan if it doesn't work out.
Thank you again!

Thank you for your input! Like I said before, I am working on getting them a better living environment and I have considered giving them up. I'm hoping I can work through this and get them a better living environment as I am getting more free time.
I really hope I can get them living better because they are the best things that have happened to me, Newt loves me to death and if I'm not around she freaks out. I am researching and trying to find them new homes as a back up plan if it doesn't work out.
Thank you again!
Have you considered diapers so they could run around the home ?

I have! I just didn't know what size to get them and where to get them.
You got some good ideas on where to get them from @Aunt Angus
My friend just got 2 little emu babies and it’s full winter in Canada so they are in her house
She made diapers out of socks cut the holes fit wings and legs
This way they can run all over the house and not make any mess
Also keeping the two birds side by side for a few weeks and slowly let them out supervised. Usually with only 2 they will click a lot faster as ducks love to be with more ducks
So things may go faster for them
They can get lonely and cause them not to thrive so I would definitely start this right away
Putting out treats while out together is a good way as well

I was able to get a video of Lovebug making the weird noises, its how he always talks. I'm not sure if something is wrong with him or it's just his vocals.
You will have to turn it up pretty loud and maybe put your ear by the speaker to hear it because he was being really quiet.

Also hes not backing up anymore or doing the odd behavior. He is hiding from Newt though, she keeps trying to chase him and bite him.

Is that maybe just his drake noises? I only have females, but this sounds how drakes are described - raspy.

The only issue I can see is angel wing, and that's not that big of a deal and can be dealt with pretty easily. Both of my Calls had angel wing, and I cut the ankle part off a small sock, got the wing into the correct position, and put the sock around them like a little seater. I left it on for 24 hours and checked it. If it wasn't corrected, Id leave it again for another 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom