Is there something wrong with them ?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by efudge94, Sep 9, 2011.

1. efudge94

efudge94 In the Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    I have one white leghorn hen, 2 Rhode island red, and a New Hampshire Red..... they turned 23 weeks Wenesday and i havnt had a single egg. They arnt even shown any signs and they still have pale pink wattles. There isnt anything wrong with them is there?

2. BrokenRoadFarm

BrokenRoadFarm Chirping

Jun 10, 2011
    North Central NC
    They are probably just not ready yet - I know the waiting is a killer!! [​IMG] My Production Red just started at 24 weeks....one of our New Hampshires started at 25 weeks (last weekend)...the other New Hampshire and our Barred Rock have not laid any yet - they are all the same age (26 weeks now). They will start soon - hang in there! [​IMG]

3. efudge94

efudge94 In the Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    whewwww! I see alot of people saying how their's layed aroung 20 weeks, and my best friends pullets are the same age age mine aand have been laying at least 4 weeks! I have my girls, ducks, and roo's in a pen and have been worried about what happens when they dooo lay because my birds eat anyyything and everyyyything! haha and yes the wait is frustrating! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by