Is there such a thing? ISO fertile Canary eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Grey Bird Farm, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Grey Bird Farm

Grey Bird Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Northern Utah
    Does anybody sell fertile canary eggs? I did a search and there wasn't one match so I wonder if it's not done. I wanted to buy a canary and I have an incubator. I'd rather hatch my own than buy a factory canary from the store. Any thoughts on this?

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    If I'm not mistaken, canaries would have to be fed around the clock every hour or two for several weeks .. just a thought.

3. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I wanted to do the same thing with some parakeets. I found out small bird eggs don't ship well and since they require hand feeding after they hatch they are rarely sold online for anyone to hatch in an incubator. All you could do is ask some people with canaries for potentially fertile eggs if you want to try it. Try to get them to hatch when you have a week or 2 of nothing else to do because you will be feeding them constantly for at least a few days. It doesn't last long though. I was going to hatch keets over the break between semesters so I could be home all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by