Is this “Pasty Butt?” I’m new to raising chicks. 🐣

Gosh what beautiful stories. Thank you for sharing.

I know how hard it is to lose a baby, we have all cried over these little feather dusters...

But keep remembering how lucky that baby was to land in your garden. How many angels had to intervene to have him find someone who would carry him around for the few days he was given in this world?

I had baby turkeys who had trouble keeping warm, so I would bring them to bed. I would put on a sweater or sweat shirt roll up the bottom to make a kind of kangaroo pouch and keep them against my chest in the sweater. They would fuss a little, then fall asleep next to my heart. Once asleep I could put them into a little box full of small towels next to me for the rest of the night. But to get them into the box I had to wiggle out of the sweater with them inside so they didn't wake up. Of course they were poohing all that time in the sweater on top of me. So I would then have to take off the t-shirt under that. All the while trying to not wake up my spouse... Yup, crazy... But once you learn the reason the baby is crying is because they are cold and could easily die from that, you can't just go to bed and 'hope for the best'.

I had the most loving and gentle turkey pair anyone ever had. They really were my babies.

Remember the beautiful moments, don't immortalize the few moments at the end.

Gosh such a learning experience for your children to care for fragile creatures. 💖
Oh my goodness, you have me in tears! What a beautiful thing to say, and I thank you with all my heart ❤️
You sound just like me, I just can’t help it.
And I don’t even mind being pooped on anymore. And I’m OCD with cleaning!

Your turkey story sounds just like mine, but thank the Lord they lived! How wonderful!!

My husband has gotten used to the way I am with animals and it has definitely softened him as well. Having a baby duckling sleep between us didn’t bother him at all, in fact he fell in love with her as well and I caught him shedding some tears.
When they imprint with you you become their mother. And you must care for them.

My tiny baby touched my life in so many ways and I’ll never forget her.

What kind of animals do you raise?
I posted a question regarding lockdown yesterday and I didn’t get any responses and I’m very nervous..

God bless you my friend,
Amy

I have no advice on incubators so I found your post and tagged a bunch of people I think have hatched (I found their posts on other people's hatching questions)

Look through posts in the hatchling section and tag those who are most knowledgeable, otherwise they may not notice your post. Sometimes there is too high a volume of posts

Back
Top Bottom