Is this a black australorp roo???

Thank you so much! I am now going to look at the Jersey giants breed.
They look very much like australorps. The first is a 14 week old Jersey and the second is an australorp hiding behind the goat. Shes an adult. That why her comb and waddle are so red.

Attachments

• 20210608_084608.jpg
    20210608_084608.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200903_125857.jpg
    20200903_125857.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 7
They look very much like australorps. The first is a 14 week old Jersey and the second is an australorp hiding behind the goat. Shes an adult. That why her comb and waddle are so red.
That does look like a lot of my girls. I’m at least happy that it’s still a more docile breed. We have a small ish backyard but hope to move soon to a bigger area. I love your goats!

Hello all, I’m new to this site/forums and new to this breed. I grew up with whatever hens and roosters that would show up.
I think this is a rooster as it usually gets up front of the flock of all the ones that look like pullets.
Would just like to know for sure.
YEP! CONGRATS!

Hello all, I’m new to this site/forums and new to this breed. I grew up with whatever hens and roosters that would show up.
I think this is a rooster as it usually gets up front of the flock of all the ones that look like pullets.
Would just like to know for sure.
YEP! CONGRATS!

That does look like a lot of my girls. I’m at least happy that it’s still a more docile breed. We have a small ish backyard but hope to move soon to a bigger area. I love your goats!
Thank you!! We have 3. Nani isnt in the pic. The one in the front is her sister Lilo. And the alpine is Fry. Between them and our 100+ birds we are never bored lol

The yellow on the feet is very black jersey giant. They do start with yellow/white breast/belly. He's got a red head/shoulders, which is a flaw, but size comparison is spot on. The hen is a partridge rock and both of them are 10 months old.

Attachments

• 20210527_131756.jpg
    20210527_131756.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 10
The yellow on the feet is very black jersey giant. They do start with yellow/white breast/belly. He's got a red head/shoulders, which is a flaw, but size comparison is spot on. The hen is a partridge rock and both of them are 10 months old.
Okay, so I got the one rooster that is a jersey giant and the other (name is Dory right photo) that is different colour and I feel is a rooster too?? I think i got a mixed batch

Attachments

• 5E993CCA-FF6A-4DBF-B68D-385BF8D82233.jpeg
    5E993CCA-FF6A-4DBF-B68D-385BF8D82233.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 9F3783C9-04C4-4938-B688-98FF572ED765.jpeg
    9F3783C9-04C4-4938-B688-98FF572ED765.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 8
Okay, so I got the one rooster that is a jersey giant and the other (name is Dory right photo) that is different colour and I feel is a rooster too?? I think i got a mixed batch
Dory has the proper pink feet. As they grow, the giants will be slightly larger. Any giant pullets will be approximately the same size as the australorp roo. Watch eye color too. that can help id the birds too. The giant roo will likely be the last roo to start crowing....and won't reach full height until 6 months. He'll still be kinda gangly. He won't reach meat butcher weight until around 9 months, but will be young turkey sized. Should have all beetle black feathers, blackish shanks, yellow feet bottoms and be a gentle boy. My guess, they put giant and australorp chicks together cause they look so similar.

Back
Top Bottom