Is this a blue copper maran?

You can see the nice upright stance and "u-shaped" back (hold overs from Langshan used to develop the breed). They are meant to be heavier birds as well. You can't see it in the photo, but all have the proper feather down leg, outside of foot, down outside of toe.

View attachment 3061971
Thank you for the pics, it makes it all the more clearer. I'll try and get some better pics of his colouring on here.
You have to remember though, he doesn't have any tail feathers atm. The breeder said he was hen pecked in his avain-flu confined enclosure, which is currently mandatory here in the UK.
The colours seem similar in terms of copperage when I compare him to your image above - though my eyes aren't what they used to be. I imagine you mean there's too much colour on his saddle as oppose to the shade. Im too new at this and feel overwhelmed by all the nuances!
He's just turned a year old im told, so im hoping he fills out with some good ol' literal grub whilst scratching at real earth now.
I am going to collect the breeder's blue cockerel today in any case. Im just contemplating what to do about the BCM. The blue girl is definitely being swapped.

Last edited:
This is my Blue Copper Maran she is 1yr old. She isn't show worthy but you need more copper in her neck.

Attachments

• 20220221_170841.jpg
    20220221_170841.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211107_145442.jpg
    20211107_145442.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 10
Thank you! I went back to the breeder and had her swapped for a stronger pullet. Unsurprisingly, during that second visit he mentioned the original was a late hatcher. She also had signs of prolapse and laid unimaginably large eggs for her petite frame. Poor girl.

Back
Top Bottom