Is this a Blue or Splash?

Well he has me stumped.... The hackles and saddles tell me blue but the rest of his body says splash...
hmm.png
I asked hinkjc's opinion and said that it looks like a poor quality blue.

Okay, thanks for trying. This is why I asked. He was bought at Murdoch's Ranch Supply so he is a hatchery chick.
Great personality and HARDLY crows so he is a keeper.

Well, I started off as a duck person and when I bought 6 chicks last spring 3 turned out to be boys.
So for now only two girls. BUT I quickly learned to love these chickens so I just bought 10 babies
ranging in age from 3 weeks to 1 month from a BYC member on the other side of Colorado. Most are silkies but
she sent me a good quality blue Cochin bantam and I would like to put my roo with her and see what I get for
my personal flock.

I like silkie mixes too so this should be fun. My neighbors want to buy chicks from me too because they want silkies
and silkie crosses.

I think he's simply blue. I have a couple blue marans, and they have the dark spots, one has white on one feather
roll.png
, and the other is leaking copper through out. I think they are very handsome, and that is what counts
big_smile.png
I think your boy is also handsome, and he sounds perfect for what you want
thumbsup.gif

oohh he's very pretty... i might have to see about getting one of those for my black cochin girl.. and maybe her frazzled sister.. although i was thinking frazzle was going to find herself a silky man...
i LOVE that coloring on him though... dang it.. now you got me second guessing silkies... lol...
i was thinking blue silkies too.. haw funny is that.. that i love the blue cochin....

I think he is a blue too! The darker blue is just confined too much in the correct area for blue, Splash would be all of the body.

Back
Top Bottom