Is this a common cold and how do i treat it

perrypoo

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2015
Hi my duck perry. Seems to be sick but I'm not sure. She sneezes, has bugies, and has a crusty eye. What should I do?

Hi my duck perry. Seems to be sick but I'm not sure. She sneezes, has bugies, and has a crusty eye. What should I do?
Hi, @perrypoo ! Welcome!

Sounds like your little Perry needs to spend some time in a lukewarm - not hot - tub of water so she can wash her face really really well.

She may not be washing her face enough. If they don't, they can get sinus infections, eye infections, and even ear infections.

After the initial tub time, I would keep her overnight in a relatively warm, safe place with fresh water and food.

Then, I would make sure that she can get to water in a container that is deep enough for her to be able to wash her whole head several times a day. You may even want to put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar per gallon of water in the container. Make sure the container is not galvanized metal (that can leach metal if there is vinegar in the water).

Please keep us updated!!!

Poor quacker (that's what I call call my ducks because they quack) will do I will keep you updated thanks a lot

Perry is doing much better. No more sneezing, running noses and her eyes are clear. Thankyou
1f44d.png
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom