Is THIS a Copper Moran, MYSTERY CHICKEN!

kbroom

Songster
Jan 26, 2023
Hi, in February of this year, I got my very first chickens. I was supposed to get all pullets; 2 Rock Barred and 2 Easter Eggers. One of my Easter Eggers got sick. I was nursing her back to health, and my little jealous dog killed her! Now, I'm supposed to be left with 1 Easter Egger (Joy), and 2 Rock Barred (Sweetie and Sugar). Now Sweetie is so cute and timid, and obviously, she's a Rock Barred. HOWEVER, Sugar does NOT look like a Rock Barred. Can ANYONE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN THIS IS??? Is this a Copper Moran or what???

Attachments

• IMG_4655.JPG
    IMG_4655.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4637.JPG
    IMG_4637.JPG
    428.2 KB · Views: 17
Gold Laced Wyandotte. Beautiful birds! Where did you get them from?
THANK YOU! Now I finally know I'm NOT crazy. I got them from TS. I wasn't going to, but I don't know enough about chickens (I'm learning fast), to get them from a hatchery. I like to see them as babies. Looks like it doesn't really matter though! So now, I have one EE, one Rock Barred and one beautiful Gold Laced Wyandotte! Thanks again for the I.D. A friend recently got me four baby Golden Sex Links. So my coop is complete, for now!

Attachments

• IMG_4623.JPG
    IMG_4623.JPG
    801.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4611.JPG
    IMG_4611.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 15
THANK YOU! Now I finally know I'm NOT crazy. I got them from TS. I wasn't going to, but I don't know enough about chickens (I'm learning fast), to get them from a hatchery. I like to see them as babies. Looks like it doesn't really matter though! So now, I have one EE, one Rock Barred and one beautiful Gold Laced Wyandotte! Thanks again for the I.D. A friend recently got me four baby Golden Sex Links. So my coop is complete, for now!
Oh that's great. I'm sorry you lost your other Easter Egger. You've got the makings of a very pretty little flock!

Back
Top Bottom