• Screenshot_20210115-121221_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-121221_Chrome.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 4
Or this one Food Grade

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-121920_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-121920_Chrome.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 5
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is ineffective for treating any sort of parasite, both internal, and external in poultry. If you're looking for a proper dewormer, consider SafeGuard, or Valbazem. Both are broad-spectrum dewormers that treat for most worms but have limited efficacy against tapeworms, for that you would want a praziquantel-based wormer.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/merck-animal-health-safe-guard-dewormer-for-goats-125ml
https://www.revivalanimal.com/product/valbazen?SKU=31245-644&a=PLA

I would agree that DE is not effective as a dewormer. Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are both very good at the proper dosages. I would save my money and get one of the 2 I recommended. Are you in the US?
Yes in the US my chickens arent infested haven't seen no white strands or red in poop they poop their brown poop with a little bit of white I just want to be ready by that time. Right now there as healthy as can be even my biggest orpington is moving alot

Last edited:
I would agree that DE is not effective as a dewormer. Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are both very good at the proper dosages. I would save my money and get one of the 2 I recommended. Are you in the US?
This one? Also do de atleast kill mites?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-184751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-184751_Chrome.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 1
SafeGuard is good. It doesn’t treat mites. Mites (and lice) are treated with permethrin spray or dust, and Elector PSP is also used.
SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer dosage in chickens is 0.23 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 straight days. That will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms, and gapeworms. Having your vet run a fecal float could tell you if there are worm larvae and what kinds.

Back
Top Bottom