is this a d'uccle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by trkcChick, Oct 19, 2009.

1. trkcChick

trkcChick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    Culloden, GA
    When I first got our chickens I didn't know that much about the breeds. So when I bought I just bought the ones I thought were nice looking. I got these chickens from a lady who thinks they are d'uccles. I know a little more now and I'm not sure that they are d'uccles, maybe a mixed. Does anyone know what they might be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the help

2. KyBlue

KyBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    The first pic looks exactly like my roos I got from crossing a mille fleur d'uccle roo with a columbian cochin hen. All roos were silver- most with varying degree of red leakage- and hens were all buff columbian.

The second pic- mille fleur d'uccle hen

Last two pics- mille fleur d'uccle crossed with salmon faverolle or easter egger? just a guess. She's a very pretty girl. I love that wheaten-like coloring!

3. trkcChick

trkcChick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    Culloden, GA
    Thanks!

The black and white one was killed by a neighbor's dog. I was hoping to find another one like him. If he is a mix I guess it will be hard to find.

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    On second picture I see Salmon Faverolles roo D'Uccle hen(midle one with spots )and may be Salmon Faverolles hen.Hen on third and fourth picture looks Faverolles cross -she has 5 toes.I think white and black boy fro picture #1 is Faverolles crosss too

5. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

One characteristic of the true d'Uccle is it will have vulture hocks. They also come in bearded and non bearded. These look to be a cross. The mille fleur hen looks to be older because as they get older, they get more white in the pattern.

6. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Quote:A D'Uccle is bearded... A Booted Bantam is non bearded.

http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/dUccle1page.html : Disqualifications for All Varieties:
    Absence of Muffs and /or Beard, Severed Wattles, Squirrel Tailed, Absence of Vulture Hocks

http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/BootedBantam.htm: Disqualifications:
    Any indications of beard or muffs - Absence of wattles or ear lobes - Absence of vulture hocks

pic 1 Fav D'uccle mix (very pretty) So sorry for your loss.
    Pic 2 Salmon Fav, Mille Fleur D'Uccle, Salmon Fav.
    Pics 3 & 4 Salmon Fav/D'Uccle mix

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    D-Uccles are always bearded. Booted bantams lack the beard but are otherwise similar (not exactly the same, but fairly close)

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    The amount of white doesn't indicate age. I have had mille hens that had a lot of white from the get-go. Although you are correct they get more with each molt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by