Is this a fan?

Just watch it like a hawk! Nothing better to do right now anyway right...
This is the perfect time for hatching eggs! Especially with crappy incubators 😄 These chickens are so lucky. Under no other circumstances would I have been able to stay home all day every day and check on them every 5 minutes!

That's because there is *not* a fan. See how there are just two wires coming from it? The black and white wires are are the high voltage AC wires that power the heating element. If it had a fan there would be two more low votlage DC wires. This is your picture.
View attachment 2062291

This is what mine looks like, it has a fan and *four* wires. Black and white power the heating element, red and black power the fan.
View attachment 2062285View attachment 2062287View attachment 2062288
This is exactly the information I was looking for, thank you so much! Yeah, I wondered whether the heater and the fan shared wires, or had separate ones... and what exactly the existing wires were powering. I think what threw me off the most is that on the box, it has a picture of this very thing with the red coils, and it says it's an additional fan you can buy as an accessory. So I assumed if it said it was a fan, then it was a fan... That picture was extremely misleading. Thanks for clarifying that!

Back
Top Bottom