Is this a fertile egg?

5770amber

Chirping
Jul 21, 2015
These were sold as fertile. Today is day 7 in the incubator and we candled them-saw nothing. We cracked this on and it don't even look fertile?
[/IMG]

I would think that you should be able to see something by day 7.

I believe a fertile egg should have bullseye on the yolk as can be seen in the image below

I agree with the above. By day 7 you should be seeing strong veins and a small embryo as well.

Yea there is nothing. No veins on any of them. A few had dark spots though. He did refund us so that's a relief. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy! Ty!

They were shipped eggs. I wonder if usps was just so rough with them they got scrambled?

They were shipped eggs. I wonder if usps was just so rough with them they got scrambled?

Did you let the eggs rest (pointy end down) for a day or 2 or did you just put them straight in to the incubator? Yes bad shipping can definitely have a negative effect on fertile eggs, that's why a lot of sellers on eBay state that they can't be held responsible for hatch rates once the eggs go through the postal system.

Yes they rested for 2 days. They are all very porous eggs. I honestly don't think they were even fertile to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom