Is this a frizzle!? đź‘€

Rooka_2

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
Oh i am SO confused 🤣 this came from what i thought was an orpington egg. But its black... and my orpingtons are pure isabels.
I have one white silkie frizzle rooster, and i have some random mixed black hens, but they lay white eggs and this 100% came from brown egg. Can this be an isabel orpington and white frizzle roosters chick?
1000011676.jpg
1000011677.jpg

This is a mixed hen I hatched out of a white, black mottled Houdan egg that I bought. I have only ever seen her and her identical babies who are now hens lay white eggs. I don't even know if this is actually her or the identical to her rooster, but you really can't tell any of them them apart.
1000011367.jpg

Is the white silkie your only rooster? If yes, then that would make the chick his. White silkies can occasionally have black chicks even if both parents are white silkies.

Is the white silkie your only rooster? If yes, then that would make the chick his. White silkies can occasionally have black chicks even if both parents are white silkies.
Noooo definitely not my only rooster, but this is the only chick with feathers that look like this.

Back
Top Bottom