Is This A Genetic Variation In Silkies?

I can say that Easter Eggers are probably a better route to go down-if you are looking for production purposes. They run about 3-6 dollars for chicks, compared to the $20+ you can spend on Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers are more cross-breed then Ameraucanas so they tend to be hardier. There are also A LOT of Ameraucana counterfeits out there.
Here's my EEs.
20210221_141940.jpg
20210214_105438.jpg
20210214_105349.jpg
20201202_142207.jpg
20201202_143401.jpg
20201202_143159.jpg
20201202_142513.jpg

Really big Silkies?

BTW I separated the white roo, because the quiet, timid, grey roo made a "snack" of the white roo's comb! Be warned! The less dominant roosters are out for blood! STAY INDOORS!!! Seriously though, they got along great till yesterday, guess it is the quiet ones you gotta look out for...

PS The white roo is doing good (I expect a full recovery very quickly), and will be free-ranging with my other bachelor roosters.

We call these TSC Silkies. I've had a few. Legs aren't as fluffy either, and some are missing an extra back toe on one foot or both.

Really big Silkies?

BTW I separated the white roo, because the quiet, timid, grey roo made a "snack" of the white roo's comb! Be warned! The less dominant roosters are out for blood! STAY INDOORS!!! Seriously though, they got along great till yesterday, guess it is the quiet ones you gotta look out for...

PS The white roo is doing good (I expect a full recovery very quickly), and will be free-ranging with my other bachelor roosters.
Yes, Really Big Silkies.

Fighting Silkies is very common. Most of the time it doesn't cause damage/draw blood. I have 2 boys that have been fighting for a straight year off, & on, & the only thing they succeed in is making one side of their Neck's bald.

My First Silkie fight, someone was almost killed, & had to be doctored back to health. He was all bloodied, & cut up. These two were buddies for about a year. Before they fought.

Second Silkie Fight, my two project Giant Silkie Boys tried to kill each other one day. They just wouldn't stop fighting. They'd both be exhausted, but still went at it. Something I've never seen before. Usually there's a winner, & the loser runs, & cowers.
They had to be separated.

We call these TSC Silkies. I've had a few. Legs aren't as fluffy either, and some are missing an extra back toe on one foot or both.
My Poor Quality Pet Silkies often throw good quality birds. Poof, is the result from Big Combed Fluffy Rooster X Broiler Silkie hen. So not always a bad thing to have flawed birds.

Father
20200614_144933.jpg
Mother
20210920_150523.jpg
Daughter
20210819_154559.jpg
They're also large enough to be considered LF.

Back
Top Bottom